Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Scavanger Hunts and Fertilised Duck Eggs

Been a wee while since my last written post, I have been feeling particularly uninspired to write recently. Its weird how quickly life beings the norm and so therefore it feels there isn’t anything to write about.

Over the last few weeks I have been stuck in an edit suite cutting several promos of fashion shoots. I'm doing a much better job on one than another, and am battling with getting the troublesome one to get a good rhythm to the cut. So far, I am not being particularly successful.

Otherwise, Cebu is grand. Had a big rain storm during lunch. We sat at the local yacht club and waited hours for food. Restaurant service in the Philippines is far from speedy, and don’t expect to have your party served at the same time.

Last weekend we did a very successful night scavenger hunt across the city. We formed 5 teams of 6 and had to do a series of photo challenges, going to different locations or accomplishing certain tasks. It was an excellent way to spend an evening and meant we go to see some new parts of the city. One place of interest was a local market next to the supermarket that I visit regularly. I had had no idea that it existed, but it was quite the find. One of the challenges that I absolutely would not do was to eat Bulot. Bulot is a local delicacy which is a fertilised duck egg/my idea of hell. You eat the foetus bird, which as far as I’ve been told is identifiable in the egg as a bird. No thank you Captain Birdseye.

This weekend we are travelling to a new island called Bohol, we're going to be staying over night, hiring scooters and exploring. We're pretty excited, as we've been really keen to take this trip, but it kept getting pushed back and back, due to other events.

In other news Christmas music is driving me mad. Christmas is big business out here, they love it, and from the first night I arrived, which was at the start of September, I’ve been hearing Christmas tunes... oh me oh my

No comments:

Post a Comment